Desert & Wadi
DESERT & WADI ADVENTURE HIGHLIGHTS
YOUR OMAN EXPERT
Day 01 Hotel in Muscat / Muscat Airport – Ibra – Wadi Bani Khalid – Overnight at Al Sharqiyah Sands (Wahiba Desert) (Private vehicle) (240 KM)
In the morning meet your guide at the hotel in Muscat or Muscat Airport and proceed to Al Sharqiyah Sands (Wahiba Desert). On the way visit village of Ibra, which is famous for the ladies’ market take place on every Wednesday. Visit Wadi Bani Khalid famous for its clear deep blue water and small pretty villages embedded in the mountains. Lunch taken in local restaurant near the wadi. In the afternoon, arrival at the beginning of the Wahiba Desert. The dunes reach 200 km in length and 100 km in width to the Arabian Sea and have been the land of the Bedouins for 7,000 years. Possibility to venture into the high dunes and watch an unforgettable sunset in the desert, and then safely reach the camp.
Overnight in a camp in the Wahiba desert.
Day 02 Camp in Wahiba Sands – Sur – Wadi Tiwi – Wadi Shab – Muscat (Private vehicle) (350 KM)
After breakfast depart the camp and visit the Bedouin house in the desert. Visit Sur, a placid seacoast town with its striking traditional dwellings, is a pleasant getaway and one of the most important towns in the Eastern region. A trip through Sur’s labyrinth of streets reveals many fine old houses with carved doors and arabesque windows. From the corniche, the dhows in the harbour can be seen against the scenic backdrop of the Gulf of Oman.
Visit Wadi Tiwi. It has been visited by explores for centuries. Ibn Battuta described its following streams, which still course through the valley today as carefully controlled Aflaj (the plural for Oman’s Falaj water system). Several small villages are overlooked by the valley’s cliffs; their inhabitants have carefully managed the water to create small farms with date palms, papaya, banana and more.
Arrive in Wadi Shab and take a 45-minute hike up through the canyon Wadi, you arrive at one of several crystal-clear water pools. You can swim on through the warm waters from pool to pool. Eventually you come to the last pool where an opening among the enormous rocks allows you to swim into an incredible crevice cave with a small waterfall. Inside, the sunlight filters in from the outside, turning the water into a beautiful turquoise blue whilst water showers down one side of the cave from the wadi beyond. Return to Muscat by 17:00 Hrs and drop off at your hotel in Muscat or at Muscat Airport.
Per person sharing a double / twin room
Inclusions & Exclusions
- English, Italian, German, French, Spanish speaking guide during all the excursion days.
Hotels and meals:
- Accommodation in selected hotels on Bed & breakfast, Half board or Full board basis.
Air-condition transportation with professionals drivers:
- Airport transfers with English speaking drivers
- Saloon Car/4x4/Van/minibus/Coach as per the program (vehicle according to the number of pax and the locations)
- 4x4 Jeep Shuttles if required
- Supply of drinking water in the vehicle
- All entrance fees as per the program
- International flights
- Visa charges
- Early check-in & Late check-out.
- Any other meals not mentioned as included
- Any item of personal nature.
- All beverages unless stated otherwise.
- Tips and porterage (if the service is good, we recommend clients to tip as follows):
Guide: 6-8 usd/pax/day
Drivers: 3-4 usd/pax/day
Availability at hotels is subject to confirmation of the tour and travel dates
Please note we require 50% of the payment on confirmation and the balance 4 weeks prior to arrival or the full payment can be settled on confirmation.
- 45 days prior to the arrival = 60% of the total amount
- 44 – 30 days prior to the arrival = 80% of the total amount
- 29 – 00 days prior to the arrival = 100% of the total amount