MUSCAT CITY HIGHLIGHTS
YOUR OMAN EXPERT
Half day Muscat City
At 08:30, meet your tour guide and start the tour with a visit to the magnificent Grand Mosque , built with sandstone and marble . The main prayer hall features a beautiful handmade Persian carpet and a Swarovski crystal chandelier . From the Mosque, drive through the ministry area to the old part of Muscat .
Visit Muttrah Fish market , which is one of the main tourist attraction site in Muscat City . Muttrah Fish Market is an interesting place where people can watch the live activity of fish selling and the boat launch to the beach . The variety of different type of fishes in Oman sea gives an idea how Omani sea is rich of marine life. Afterwards continue to Muttrah Souk , one of the oldest preserved souks in Oman, it’s a traditional Omani market which offers a wide range of goods and souvenirs, such as silver jewelry and frankincense . Discover Oman’s rich cultural heritage at this house, the Bait Al Zubair Museum which was converted into a museum in 1998 . It displays a fine collection of traditional jewelry, weapons and costumes . At the end you will take a photo stops at Al Alam Palace and the two 16th century Portuguese forts Mirani and Jalali (outside only) . Return to the hotel by approximate 13 00h .
Important Note: Please consider the dress code for the visit of Grand Mosque: Women must fully cover their hair, arms and legs; Men must wear long trousers and shirt.
Per person sharing a double / twin room
Inclusions & Exclusions
- English, Italian, German, French, Spanish speaking guide during all the excursion days.
Air-condition transportation with professionals drivers:
- Airport transfers with English speaking drivers
- Saloon Car/4x4/Van/minibus/Coach as per the program (vehicle according to the number of pax and the locations)
- 4x4 Jeep Shuttles if required
- Supply of drinking water in the vehicle
- All entrance fees as per the program
- International flights
- Visa charges
- Early check-in & Late check-out.
- Any other meals not mentioned as included
- Any item of personal nature.
- All beverages unless stated otherwise.
- Tips and porterage (if the service is good, we recommend clients to tip as follows):
Guide: 6-8 usd/pax/day
Drivers: 3-4 usd/pax/day
Availability at hotels is subject to confirmation of the tour and travel dates
Please note we require 50% of the payment on confirmation and the balance 4 weeks prior to arrival or the full payment can be settled on confirmation.
- 45 days prior to the arrival = 60% of the total amount
- 44 – 30 days prior to the arrival = 80% of the total amount
- 29 – 00 days prior to the arrival = 100% of the total amount