Jabal Samhan Mountains, The highest mountain of Dhofar
Jabal Samhan Mountains, The highest mountain of Dhofar HIGHLIGHTS
YOUR OMAN EXPERT
# Jabal Samhan Mountains, The highest mountain of Dhofar
Start the tour in the morning by 4X4 vehicles, on a full day safari into the Dhofar Mountains. Drive through the scenic village of Taqa making a photo stop at the spectacular Taqa beach. Then drive into the “ever green Wadi Darbat” for a relaxing stroll along the Wadi bed, surrounded by herds of Camels, Goats & Cattle. In the Khareef season (monsoon period), one could also witness an almost 100m natural Water-Fall, spreading its “tentacles” into numerous lakes and lush green vegetation. Next stop is one of the world’s largest Sink Holes (211 m deep and 150 m in diameter), situated at Tawi Attair – also known as the “Well of Birds”, who frequent this location, the year through. Continue journey into the mountain range of Jabal Samhan to a breath-taking plateau at a height of almost 1700m. This location is commonly known as the “Grand Canyon” of Dhofar, gives one a complete view of the east coast to the one side and the vast “Qara” mountain range to the other. Afterward, continue the journey from the plateau into the adjacent “Qara” mountain range and drive through scenic mountain villages and landscape, with numerous photo stops at interesting locations. Return to the hotel.
Per person sharing a double / twin room
Inclusions & Exclusions
- English, Italian, German, French, Spanish speaking guide during all the excursion days.
Hotels and meals:
- Accommodation in selected hotels on Bed & breakfast, Half board or Full board basis.
Air-condition transportation with professionals drivers:
- Airport transfers with English speaking drivers
- Saloon Car/4x4/Van/minibus/Coach as per the program (vehicle according to the number of pax and the locations)
- 4x4 Jeep Shuttles if required
- Supply of drinking water in the vehicle
- All entrance fees as per the program
- International flights
- Visa charges
- Early check-in & Late check-out.
- Any other meals not mentioned as included
- Any item of personal nature.
- All beverages unless stated otherwise.
- Tips and porterage (if the service is good, we recommend clients to tip as follows):
Guide: 6-8 usd/pax/day
Drivers: 3-4 usd/pax/day
Availability at hotels is subject to confirmation of the tour and travel dates
Please note we require 50% of the payment on confirmation and the balance 4 weeks prior to arrival or the full payment can be settled on confirmation.
- 45 days prior to the arrival = 60% of the total amount
- 44 – 30 days prior to the arrival = 80% of the total amount
- 29 – 00 days prior to the arrival = 100% of the total amount
All our holidays can be tailor-mode for you
This is an example itinerary to give you an idea of what we can offer.
The Empty Quarter and Lost City of Ubar
Full day Safari
The East and West sides of Salalah
Full day excursion
The Fazayah Beach on the west side of Salalah
Full day excursion
Overnight tour to the Empty Quarter (Rub Al Khali)