The East and West sides
The East and West sides of Salalah HIGHLIGHTS
YOUR OMAN EXPERT
# The East and West sides of Salalah
The tour begins with a visit to the old fishing village of ‘Taqa’. Visit the century old ‘Taqa Castle’, the former official residence of the ‘Wali’ (Governor) of the region & obtain a glimpse into the rich history of the region. Continue onto the ancient ruins of the once famous city of Sumharam (Khor Rori). The city was the easternmost outpost of the Hadramawt Kingdom on the ancient incense route between the Mediterranean Sea, Persian Gulf and India. Khor Rori was an important port on the coast of Dhofar, and one of the major trading cities with frankincense, believed to have been the hub and harbour for the shipping of Frankincense (UNESCO World Heritage site). A picturesque drive then leads you to ‘Mirbat’, the ancient capital of Dhofar and the beginning of the ‘Frankincense trail’. Stroll through the streets lined with old Omani houses and visit the ‘twin-domed Bin Ali’s Tomb’ as a photo stop, a classic example of medieval architecture. Proceed to the beach of Mughsail where the white sand touches the deep blue of the ocean and at high tide, where waves burst through the natural titanic ‘Blow Holes’, at the far end of the ‘Rocky beach’ with a cave-like entrance. Continue along the ‘Hair-pin-bend’ road towards Western Border of Oman, with its breath-taking cliffs on either side, to see the historical ‘Frankincense trees’ growing in their natural habitat, deep down in the valleys, dotting the dry & craggy countryside. Take a short walk into the valleys to smell the ‘Holy Incense’ amidst the scenic view of the region. Return to the hotel.
Per person sharing a double / twin room
Inclusions & Exclusions
- English, Italian, German, French, Spanish speaking guide during all the excursion days.
Hotels and meals:
- Accommodation in selected hotels on Bed & breakfast, Half board or Full board basis.
Air-condition transportation with professionals drivers:
- Airport transfers with English speaking drivers
- Saloon Car/4x4/Van/minibus/Coach as per the program (vehicle according to the number of pax and the locations)
- 4x4 Jeep Shuttles if required
- Supply of drinking water in the vehicle
- All entrance fees as per the program
- International flights
- Visa charges
- Early check-in & Late check-out.
- Any other meals not mentioned as included
- Any item of personal nature.
- All beverages unless stated otherwise.
- Tips and porterage (if the service is good, we recommend clients to tip as follows):
Guide: 6-8 usd/pax/day
Drivers: 3-4 usd/pax/day
Availability at hotels is subject to confirmation of the tour and travel dates
Please note we require 50% of the payment on confirmation and the balance 4 weeks prior to arrival or the full payment can be settled on confirmation.
- 45 days prior to the arrival = 60% of the total amount
- 44 – 30 days prior to the arrival = 80% of the total amount
- 29 – 00 days prior to the arrival = 100% of the total amount
All our holidays can be tailor-mode for you
This is an example itinerary to give you an idea of what we can offer.
The Empty Quarter and Lost City of Ubar
Full day Safari
The Fazayah Beach on the west side of Salalah
Full day excursion
Jabal Samhan Mountains, The highest mountain of Dhofar
Full day excursion
Overnight tour to the Empty Quarter (Rub Al Khali)